October 2017 Minutes
Unofficial M I N U T E S
BOARD OF EDUCATION DISTRICT #62
MONDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2017
SCRIBNER – SNYDER BAND BUILDING
Board Members Present: Mike Fischer, Laura Schnoor, Malia Nemecek, Lynn Schnoor, William French, Don Beck
Board Members Absent:
Others Present: Supt. Ginger Meyer, Principal Brad Stithem, Recording Secretary Sharon Meyer
President Mike Fischer called the regular meeting of School Board #62 to order on Monday, October 9, 2017, at 7:30 p.m. A call of roll showed all members present. 7 guests
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Open Meetings Act:
The board meeting will be conducted in accordance with the Open Meetings Act.
Approval of the Consent Agenda:
Laura Schnoor moved to accept the consent Agenda which includes the approval of the agenda, the September 11, 2017 Minutes, Treasurers (attachment 1) and Financial (attachment 2) reports and the actual General Fund (attachment 3), expenses, and placed them on file. Lynn Schnoor seconded and motion carried 6-yes.
Principal Stithem reported on the following items:
- Bus evacuation drill was held on October 2nd.
- October 20th is the end of the 1st Quarter.
- Tammy Holcomb (Educational Consultant) will be at SSCS on October 24th to help facility our staff to create a Schoolwide Discipline System.
- Family Reading Night will be held on October 26th from 6:00-7:00 p.m.
- Teaching staff will have several opportunities to work with some professional consultants from ESU 2.
- October Students and Staff of the Month are Wyatt Rangeloff-6th grade, Shakia Sallis-10th grade, Stephanie Rangeloff-4th grade teacher, Marsha Silver-K-12 Art teacher.
Superintendent Meyer reported on the following items:
- Enrollment numbers were shared with the Board.
- Reviewed School Improvement Plan
- School wide K-12 Discipline Plan
- Otus Data Warehouse
- State FFA Land judging will be held in Scribner.
- Test scores are still embargoed. Will be available next month.
- Paperless Board Meeting
Discussion was held regarding building and grounds matters. Lynn Schnoor made a motion to purchase a used 14 passenger bus for$18,000.00. French seconded and motion carried 6-yes.
French made a motion to renew insurance with EMC through Swanson and Scribner Insurance. Nemecek seconded and motion carried 6-yes.
Amanda Oerman addressed the Board.
Discussion was held regarding Coop matters. Discussed policies, rules and procedures when it comes to transportation for coop activities.
There being no further business, Laura Schnoor moved for adjournment at 8:59 p.m., Lynn Schnoor seconded and motion carried 6-yes.
The next regularly scheduled meeting of the Board of Education of District #62, Dodge County, will be Monday, November 13, 2017, at 7:30 p.m., at the Scribner –Snyder Attendance Center. Agenda items are kept current in the superintendent’s office and may be inspected during regular business hours.