December 2017 Minutes
Unofficial M I N U T E S
BOARD OF EDUCATION DISTRICT #62
MONDAY, DECEMBER 11, 2017
SCRIBNER – SNYDER BAND BUILDING
Board Members Present: Mike Fischer, Laura Schnoor, Malia Nemecek, William French, Don Beck
Board Members Absent: Lynn Schnoor came at 7:00 p.m.
Others Present: Supt. Ginger Meyer, Principal Brad Stithem, Recording Secretary Sharon Meyer
President Mike Fischer called the regular meeting of School Board #62 to order on Monday, December 11, 2017, at 6:30 p.m. A call of roll showed 4 present, Lynn Schnoor absent until 7:00. 1 guest was present.
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Open Meetings Act:
The board meeting will be conducted in accordance with the Open Meetings Act.
Approval of the Consent Agenda:
French moved to accept the consent Agenda which includes the approval of the agenda, the November 13, 2017 Minutes, Treasurers (attachment 1) and Financial (attachment 2) reports and the actual General Fund (attachment 3), expenses, and placed them on file. Laura Schnoor seconded and motion carried 5-yes.
Principal Stithem reported on the following items:
- December 22nd marks the end of the 2nd Quarter and 1st Semester. Christmas break is set to begin on Saturday, December 23 through Sunday, January 7th.
- Winter sport season officially kicked off the week of Nov. 27th – Dec 1st. District One-Act was held on November 28th in Humphrey. Several students received Superior Actor Awards. Congratulations Corben Burger, Kaylee Boyle, Kaylin Niewohner, Daymen Jurish and Nia Meyer.
- High School Christmas Concert was held on December 10th, and the Elementary Concert will be held on Thursday, December 14th at 7:00 p.m.
- Second round of DIBELS testing is completed.
- Season’s Greetings from the Scribner-Snyder staff, students and School Board.
Superintendent Meyer reported on the following items:
- Gallup Student Poll and NeSA results are completed.
- The 2017 School Audit went well. (attachment 4)
- Incumbents need to register by February 15, 2018.
TRANE presented information to the board members regarding the Facility Improvement for the elementary building. Beck made a motion to accept the plan presented by TRANE for the update of the elementary building, in doing so I authorize Ginger Meyer to sign contact on behalf of Scribner-Snyder Community Schools. Resolution: Whereas the Board of Education authorizes the Superintendent to sign an Esco contract with TRANE in the amount not to exceed $1,225,000.00 for the facility improvement measures discussed. Laura Schnoor seconded and motion carried 5-yes. (attachment 5)
First reading of VSP Policy 408.06
Nemecek moved the members go to executive session at 7:51 to discuss personnel-Superintendent performance evaluation. Lynn Schnoor seconded and motion carried 6-yes. President Mike Fischer stated that a motion was made by Nemecek that the Board of Education go into closed session for the purpose of discussing personnel when necessary to prevent needless injury to the reputation of a person and if such person has not requested a public meeting; and for the protection of the public interest.
French moved the members come from executive session at 9:09 p.m., Beck seconded and motion carried 6-yes.
There being no further business, French moved for adjournment at 9:12 p.m., Beck seconded and motion carried 6-yes.
The next regularly scheduled meeting of the Board of Education of District #62, Dodge County, will be Monday, January 08, 2018, at 6:30 p.m., at the Scribner –Snyder Attendance Center. Agenda items are kept current in the superintendent’s office and may be inspected during regular business hours.