March 2018 Minutes
Unofficial M I N U T E S
BOARD OF EDUCATION DISTRICT #62
MONDAY, MARCH 12, 2018
SCRIBNER – SNYDER BAND BUILDING
Board Members Present: Mike Fischer, Laura Schnoor, Malia Nemecek, William French, Don Beck, Lynn Schnoor
Board Members Absent:
Others Present: Supt. Ginger Meyer, Principal Brad Stithem, Recording Secretary Sharon Meyer
President Mike Fischer called the regular meeting of School Board #62 to order on Monday, March 12th, 2018 at 6:30 p.m. A call of roll showed all present. 4 guest present.
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Open Meetings Act:
The board meeting will be conducted in accordance with the Open Meetings Act.
Approval of the Consent Agenda:
Laura Schnoor moved to accept the consent Agenda which includes the approval of the agenda, the February 12, 2018 Minutes, Treasurers (attachment 1) and Financial (attachment 2) reports and the actual General Fund (attachment 3), expenses, and placed them on file. Lynn Schnoor seconded and motion carried 6-yes.
Principal Stithem reported on the following items:
- Senior ski trip is set for March 14-17.
- SSCS held our annual round-up on March 1st for the pre-school and kindergarten classes for the 2018-19 school year.
- Started looking at the master class schedule for the 2018-19 school year.
- The new Map Summative Testing window is set for March 19th – April 27th.
- Students of the Month are Izabella Carrier, Josh McMillen. Staff of the month is Becky Lundry and Kim Drey.
Superintendent Meyer reported on the following items:
- NRCSA will be held on March 21-23.
- March 28 is the Legal Seminar at ESU2.
- March 26-27 Superintendent Meyer will be conducting Lyons – Decatur school improvement visit.
- Discussed some Legislative topics.
Discussion was held regarding Coop matters. Coop Committee met to discuss expanding the coop to include and parallel the High School sports already cooped. Nemecek made a motion to approve the expansion of the Coop to include and mirror High School sports already cooped. French seconded and motion carried 6-yes.
Discussion was held regarding building and grounds matters. Kevin Wisnieski has composed a list of jobs for summer custodial.
Nemecek made a motion to approve the bid from Houghton Mifflin for the new K-6 Expressions Math Series. Lynn Schnoor seconded and motion carried 6-yes.
First Reading of Policy 503.07 Pregnant or Parenting Students.
There being no further business, French moved for adjournment at 7:14 p.m., Beck seconded and motion carried 6-yes.
The next regularly scheduled meeting of the Board of Education of District #62, Dodge County, will be Monday, April 9, 2018, at 7:30 p.m., at the Scribner–Snyder Attendance Center. Agenda items are kept current in the superintendent’s office and may be inspected during regular business hours.