September 2019 Minutes
Unofficial M I N U T E S
BOARD OF EDUCATION DISTRICT #62
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2019
SCRIBNER – SNYDER BAND BUILDING
Board Members Present: Mike Fischer, Laura Schnoor, Malia Nemecek, Don Beck, Cory Schlueter, Andrea Vacha
Board Members Absent:
Others Present: Supt. Ginger Meyer, Principal Brad Stithem, Recording Secretary Sharon Meyer
President Mike Fischer called the regular meeting of School Board #62 to order on Monday, September 9, 2019 at 7:30 p.m. A call of roll showed all members present. 23 guests present.
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Open Meetings Act:
The board meeting will be conducted in accordance with the Open Meetings Act.
Approval of the Consent Agenda:
Schnoor moved to accept the consent Agenda which includes the approval of the agenda, the August 12, 2019 Minutes, Treasurers (attachment 1) Financial (attachment 2) reports and the actual General Fund (attachment 3), expenses and First reading of policy 801.13, and placed them on file. Vacha seconded and motion carried 6-yes.
Principal Stithem reported on the following items:
- First round of DIBELS Next testing has been completed and I-Ready program testing is in progress.
- First round of Maps testing is set for September 10-18. Thank you to Mrs. Fischer and Mr. Meyer for helping with technology issues.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences are scheduled for Wednesday, October 2nd from 3:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- SSCS staff and students will be participating in the 2019 Homecoming activities with LV the week of September 23-27. There will be a parade down town on Friday, September 27th with the dance and coronation to be held at LV after the football game.
- SSCS welcomes our new foreign exchange student Viva Jitcheun from Bangkok, Thailand.
Superintendent Meyer reported on the following items:
- Close Up Program going well.
- Trojan Time is every day this year.
- Shared the Power school enrollment summary.
- Newsletters went out in the mail.
- Conference meeting for the Board
- School Audit is October 1st.
- Journalism class is going to start printing a magazine.
Schnoor made a motion to approve the 2019-2020 budget request (attachment 4) as presented for the General Fund, Depreciation Fund, Activity Fund, Lunch Fund, Special Building Fund, Student Fee Fund and Employee Benefits. Beck seconded and motion carried 6-yes.
Schnoor made a motion to approve the 2019-2020 tax request as presented (attachment 5). Nemecek seconded and motion carried 6-yes.
Discussion was held regarding any building and grounds matters. Discussed using the old fire hall as a location to start a Life Skills program. Vaping sensors was tabled until January. E-Sports has an interview on Sept. 10th with Channel 3 News.
Discussed the policy 604.04 Multi–cultural Education.
Updated the Board regarding the reorganization of the Scribner-Snyder Schools District.
There being no further business, Schlueter moved for adjournment at 8:13 p.m., Schnoor seconded and motion carried 6-yes.
The next regularly scheduled meeting of the Board of Education of District #62, Dodge County, will be Monday, October 14, 2019, at 7:30 p.m., at the Scribner –Snyder Attendance Center. Agenda items are kept current in the superintendent’s office and may be inspected during regular business hours.