November 2019 Minutes
Unofficial M I N U T E S
BOARD OF EDUCATION DISTRICT #62
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2019
SCRIBNER – SNYDER BAND BUILDING
Board Members Present: Mike Fischer, Laura Schnoor, Malia Nemecek, Don Beck, Cory Schlueter, Andrea Vacha
Board Members Absent:
Others Present: Supt. Ginger Meyer, Principal Brad Stithem, Recording Secretary Sharon Meyer
President Mike Fischer called the regular meeting of School Board #62 to order on Monday, November 11, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. A call of roll showed all members present. 25 guests present.
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Open Meetings Act:
The board meeting will be conducted in accordance with the Open Meetings Act.
Approval of the Consent Agenda:
Schnoor moved to accept the consent Agenda which includes the approval of the agenda, the October 14, 2019 Minutes, Treasurers (attachment 1) Financial (attachment 2) reports and the actual General Fund (attachment 3), expenses and placed them on file. Vacha seconded and motion carried 6-yes.
Many community members approached the board with their comments and concerns revolving around the reorganization of the district.
Principal Stithem reported on the following items:
- The Academic Mentoring Program is in full swing for the year.
- On November 6th the junior class had the opportunity to attend the Dodge County-County Government Day in Fremont.
- Special thanks to all involved in the Veteran’s Day Program.
- SSCS will be hosting a One-Act competition on November 25th.
- Students of the month are Tarynn Coon and Matt Hull, Staff of the Month are Deb Wegner and Tammy Wolff and Parent of the Month is Jessica Hultgren
Superintendent Meyer reported on the following items:
- National Education week is November 18-22.
- Hold off on Superintendent Evaluation till next semester.
- Addison Lange is being recognized by Nebraska Department of Education for her work she did at FCCLA Nationals.
- Dr. Ted DeTurk and Joe Pietzmeier will present information to the Board regarding Pathway 2 Tomorrow (P2T).
Fischer thanked all who have served our Country.
Discussion was held regarding the questions that will be submitted to the Logan View Board for answering.
Board will meet November 18, 2019 at 5:00 pm to go over questions from the Logan View School Board.
Special meeting will be held on November 25, 2019 at 7:30 pm to meet with Logan View School Board.
Fischer made a motion to extend the two year contract of Principal Stithem for the 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 school years. Beck seconded and motion carried 4-yes, 2-no (Nemecek, Schlueter).
There being no further business, Schnoor moved for adjournment at 8:43 p.m., Schlueter seconded and motion carried 6-yes.
The next regularly scheduled meeting of the Board of Education of District #62, Dodge County, will be Monday, December 9, 2019, at 6:30 p.m., at the Scribner –Snyder Attendance Center. Agenda items are kept current in the superintendent’s office and may be inspected during regular business hours.