September 2019 Special Minutes
SPECIAL BOARD MEETING
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 30
SCRIBNER BAND BUILDING
Board Members Present: Mike Fischer, Don Beck, Malia Nemecek, Cory Schlueter, Andrea Vacha
Board Members Absent:
Laura Schnoor arrived at 5:04 p.m.
Others Present: Superintendent Ginger Meyer, Principal Brad Stithem, Josh Schauer, School Attorney, Recording Secretary Sharon Meyer
President Mike Fischer called the Special Meeting of School Board #62 to order on Monday, September 30th at 5:00 p.m. A call of the roll showed all members present. 28 guests present.
A “Notice of Special Meeting” is incorporated herein as Exhibit “A”.
Open Meetings Act:
The board meeting will be conducted in accordance with the Open Meetings Act.
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Discussion was held regarding the possible reorganization of the Scribner-Snyder Community Schools District, including unification or merger with adjoining school districts, under Nebraska statutes and case law in consultation with school district legal counsel. Attorney Josh Schauer was asked by the board to meet with the surrounding school districts to see if there was interest of a possible merger or unification.
- Howells–Dodge was not interested.
- West Point-Beemer – met with Superintendent and 2 board members.
- Proud of their school
- Feel it would be a cultural fit
- Tentative because of history
- Strong financial shape
- Interested in merger not unification
- Foresee a building at SSCS. (not indefinite)
- Would like an inventory of SSCS buildings
- Feel our programs mesh well
- They are happy with their staff
- Logan View – met with Superintendent and 4 board members.
- Very interested
- Timing Questions
- 9 board members
- Open to having an attendance center for a period of time
- Building Audit
- North Bend – met with Superintendent
- Happy to be included in discussion
- Great fit
- No history
- Timing (Not sure if ready for Fall 2020)
- Will keep something at SSCS (not indefinite)
- Building Audit
There being no testimony, it was moved by Beck and seconded by Schnoor to close the hearing at 6:11 p.m. Motion carried 6-yes.