December 2019 Minutes
Unofficial M I N U T E S
BOARD OF EDUCATION DISTRICT #62
MONDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2019
SCRIBNER – SNYDER BAND BUILDING
Board Members Present: Mike Fischer, Laura Schnoor, Malia Nemecek, Don Beck, Cory Schlueter, Andrea Vacha
Board Members Absent:
Others Present: Supt. Ginger Meyer, Principal Brad Stithem, Recording Secretary Sharon Meyer
President Mike Fischer called the regular meeting of School Board #62 to order on Monday, December 9, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. A call of roll showed all members present. 21 guests present.
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Open Meetings Act:
The board meeting will be conducted in accordance with the Open Meetings Act.
Approval of the Consent Agenda:
Vacha moved to accept the consent Agenda which includes the approval of the agenda, the November 11, 2019 Minutes, November 18 & 25 Special Board Minutes, Treasurers (attachment 1) Financial (attachment 2) reports and the actual General Fund (attachment 3), expenses and placed them on file. Schnoor seconded and motion carried 6-yes.
Principal Stithem reported on the following items:
- December 20th marks the end of the 2nd quarter and 1st semester. We have a 1:30 dismissal on December 20th and will resume classes on January 6th and the regular time.
- Winter Sports are in full swing.
- Elementary Christmas Concert was held on December 6th and the High School Christmas Concert will take place on December 13th at 7:00 p.m.
- 2nd Round of Dibels starts the week of Dec 10-12.
- November Student/Staff/Parent of the Month are Eva Burkland, Viva Jitchen, Steph Rangeloff, Kay Rathjen and Beck Hull.
- On behalf of the students, staff, and School Board we want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and most blessed New Year.
Superintendent Meyer reported on the following items:
- Received the letter of findings for the 2019 Audit.
Joe Peitzmeier presented to the Board, information regarding the Pathway 2 Tomorrow Program for our students. SS students will have the opportunity to tour there facilities and see what P2T has to offer them.
Discussion was held regarding possible reorganization with neighboring school district. Josh Schauer was present to answer any questions pertaining to the reorganization process. Joint committee meetings will take place on:
- December 26th – Facilities/Transportation
- January 6th – Officers/Finance
- January 8th – Curriculum/Policy/Principal
- January 9th – Negotiations
- January 27th Joint Board to Board Meeting
It was moved by Nemecek to go to executive session at 7:57 p.m. to discuss negotiations. Schlueter seconded and motion carried 6-yes. President Fischer stated that a motion was made by Nemecek that the Board of Education go into executive session for the purpose of discussing negotiations when necessary to prevent needless injury to the reputation of an individual/group and for the protection of the public interest.
Nemecek moved the members come from executive session at 9:19 p.m., Schnoor seconded and motion carried 6-yes.
There being no further business, Beck moved for adjournment at 9:19 p.m., Nemecek seconded and motion carried 6-yes.
The next regularly scheduled meeting of the Board of Education of District #62, Dodge County, will be Monday, January 13, 2020, at 6:30 p.m., at the Scribner –Snyder Attendance Center. Agenda items are kept current in the superintendent’s office and may be inspected during regular business hours.