November 2020 Minutes
Unofficial M I N U T E S
BOARD OF EDUCATION DISTRICT #62
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2020
SCRIBNER – SNYDER BAND BUILDING
Board Members Present: Mike Fischer, Laura Schnoor, Malia Nemecek, Don Beck, Cory Schlueter, Andrea Vacha
Board Members Absent:
Others Present: Supt. Joe Peitzmeier, Principal Brad Stithem, Recording Secretary Sharon Meyer
President Laura Schnoor called the regular meeting of School Board #62 to order on Monday, November 9, 2020 at 7:30 p.m. A call of roll showed all members present.
Open Meetings Act:
Notice of this meeting was properly published in a newspaper of general circulation by advance Public Notice with notice and advance agenda given to all members of the board prior to the meeting date.
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Visitor Comments: 3 visitors
Principal Stithem reported on the following items:
- County Government Day was canceled. Government class put on a mock election for the Elementary, Jr High, and High School.
- Thanks to Mr. Poessnecker, Mrs. Wuestewald and Mrs. Schafer for their work putting together a virtual Veteran’s Day Program this year. The video will be on the school’s website.
- One Act participants are working hard preparing for the upcoming season.
- We want to welcome Kent Adelung and Elizabeth Knobbe to our school. Mr. Adelung was hired as a full-time sub teacher and Mrs. Knobbe will be a full time paraprofessional.
Superintendent Peitzmeier reported on the following items:
- We are considering broadcasting future board meetings in some format.
- Finance: Teacher Negotiation
- Curriculum: Staffing update
Advertising for SPED Teacher
- Facilities: Meeting on November 12th to hear information dealing with the old building.
Easement/Sale of land
- Workshop/Meetings: NASB State Conference going virtual
- Miscellaneous: Close Up moved to March 4
PTC went virtual on October 21st
Winter concerts going virtual
- Updated the Board on Superintendent attendance/absences
Approval of the Consent Agenda:
Vacha moved to approve the Consent Agenda as presented which includes the approval of the agenda, the October 12, 2020 Minutes, Treasurers (attachment 1) Financial (attachment 2) reports and the actual General Fund expenses (attachment 3), and placed them on file. Nemecek seconded and motion carried 6-yes.
Schlueter moved that Kent Adelung be hired as a Full-Time Substitute Teacher for the 2020-2021 school year. Vacha seconded and motion carried 6-yes.
Fischer moved to accept the resignation (attachment 4), effective at the end of the school year of Kent Adelung. Beck seconded and motion carried 6-yes.
Mr. Adelung was given a 1-year contract.
Nemecek moved to enter executive session at 8:45 p.m. for the purpose of strategy session with respect to collective bargaining and real estate. Schlueter seconded and motion carried 6-yes.
Nemecek moved the members come from executive session, Vacha seconded and motion carried 6-yes.
There being no further business on the agenda of this meeting, President Laura Schnoor adjourned the meeting at 9:27 p.m.
The next regularly scheduled meeting of the Board of Education of District #62, Dodge County, will be Monday, December 14, 2020, at 6:30 p.m., in the Scribner–Snyder Band Room. Agenda items are kept current in the superintendent’s office and may be inspected during regular business hours.