November 2021 Minutes
Unofficial M I N U T E S
BOARD OF EDUCATION DISTRICT #62
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2021 @ 6:30 P.M.
SCRIBNER – SNYDER BAND BUILDING
Open the Meeting
Call the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m. Scribner-Snyder President, Laura Schnoor presiding.
Open Meetings Act
Notice of this meeting was properly published in a newspaper of general circulation by advance Public Notice with notice and advance agenda given to all members of the board prior to the meeting date. Scribner-Snyder personnel Joe Peitzmeier, Brad Stithem, Sharon Meyer and Malia Nemecek were in attendance.
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
A call of roll showed all members present: Don Beck, Mike Fischer, Matt Kruse, Cory Schlueter, Laura Schnoor and Andrea Vacha
Welcoming of Visitors
Board Members – Laura Schnoor mentioned that she will be attending NASB State Conference.
Principal Stithem reported on the following items:
- SSCS Junior class attended the Dodge County Government Day in Fremont on November 3rd.
- Veteran’s Day Program will be held on November 11th. Coffee and cookies will be served at 9:00 a.m. with the program to follow at 10:00 a.m. in the gym. Special thanks to Mrs. Wuestewald, Mr. Poessnecker, Mrs. Schafer and all staff and students who did all the planning and preparation for the Veteran’s Program.
- Mrs. Enos and our students have been working hard preparing for the One-Act season. SSCS has approximately 26 students involved in this program. We wish the team great success as they get ready to start competitions.
- Revised the Dress Code Policy in the Faculty and Support Handbooks.
Superintendent Peitzmeier reported on the following items:
- Legislative Issues:
-OSHA and 5th Circuit court decision
-Annual Audit is complete and submitted.
-AFR is complete and submitted.
-Food Supply – Letters went home and also on the website.
-Federal fiscal desk audit is complete. Noted Sharon Meyers quality of work
-Invitation to join Pathways 2 Tomorrow (P2T)
-Middle school will be attending the Big Red Pep Rally in Lincoln.
-Buildings/Grounds/Transportation committee meeting
-EMC Safety recommendations all complete.
-Will be attending NASB State Conference November 17-19.
-After School program. Director paperwork has been submitted to the
State for approval. Fire Marshal to come for inspection of facilities.
-Attended the Winter Forecast webinar
-Trojan Time Mentoring
-Blue Cross Blue Shield premium increase
Updated the Board on Superintendent attendance/absences
Approval of the Consent Agenda
Vacha moved to approve the Consent Agenda as presented which includes the approval of the agenda, the October 11, 2021 Minutes, Treasurers Report (attachment 1), Financial Reports (attachment 2), the actual General Fund expenses (attachment 3), Special Building Fund expenses (attachment 4) and placed them on file. Schlueter seconded and motion carried 6-yes.
Discuss, Consider, and Take Necessary Action Regarding Enlisting the Services of an Architect for Facility Study
Vacha moved to select DLR Group to conduct a facilities study as proposed. Beck seconded and following discussion motion carried 6-yes.
- COVID-19 Updates – Peitzmeier updated the Board on current status of absences and vaccination clinics for staff and students.
- Superintendent Evaluation – Schnoor handed out Superintendent Evaluation form to members and asked that the form be returned to her or Sharon Meyer by December 1st.
- Motion to Enter Executive Session
Vacha moved to enter executive session at 7:12 p.m. for the purpose of potential future litigation. Schlueter seconded and motion carried 6-yes.
- Motion to Return to Regular Session
Schlueter moved to resume regular session at 7:49 p.m. Fischer seconded and
motion carried 6-yes.
- Discuss, Consider, and Take Necessary Action in Regard to Litigation
Vacha moved to proceed with a Lawsuit against Trane regarding the HVAC System. Schlueter seconded and following discussion motion carried 6-yes.
There being no further business on the agenda of this meeting, President Laura Schnoor adjourned the meeting at 8:01 p.m.
The next regularly scheduled meeting of the Board of Education of District #62, Dodge County, will be Monday, December 13, 2021, at 6:30 p.m., in the Scribner–Snyder Band Room. Agenda items are kept current in the superintendent’s office and may be inspected during regular business hours.