August 2021 Minutes
Unofficial M I N U T E S
BOARD OF EDUCATION DISTRICT #62
MONDAY, AUGUST 9, 2021 @ 7:30 P.M.
SCRIBNER – SNYDER BAND BUILDING
Open the Meeting
Call the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m. Scribner-Snyder President, Laura Schnoor presiding.
Open Meetings Act
Notice of this meeting was properly published in a newspaper of general circulation by advance Public Notice with notice and advance agenda given to all members of the board prior to the meeting date.
NOTE: The meeting was broadcast on Facebook firstname.lastname@example.org
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
A call of roll showed all members present: Don Beck, Mike Fischer, Cory Schlueter, Laura Schnoor, Andrea Vacha, Matt Kruse
Welcoming of Visitors
TRANE Update – Peitzmeier Report
Classroom construction is completed. Waiting on Samsung for firmware update.
- Laura Schnoor congratulated Joe Peitzmeier for his work with Pathways to Tomorrow (P2T). P2T was selected as the Nebraska Career and Technical Education’s Outstanding Secondary Program of 2021. Mr. Peitzmeier was P2T’s Director for the first 4 years.
- Laura reminded the Board of the NASB Area Membership Meeting which will be held on September 29th in Fremont.
- The Dodge County Fair Watermelon Feed went well.
- Band float looked nice. Great idea.
Principal Stithem reported on the following items:
- Teacher work days are set for August 9th – 11th.
- Coaches have reported a successful start of the fall sports season. Mrs. Nemecek has been working with Nate Larsen (L.V. AD) to make sure we have a smooth start to the fall sports season.
- Attended Administrators’ Day on July 28th – 30th.
- Thank you to Mrs. Drey, FCCLA students, Mrs. Ryun, FFA students, Mr. Poessnecker and the Band students for their participation in the Dodge County Parade. They did a wonderful job. Thank you to Mike Fischer for driving the band float.
- Like to welcome all the staff and students back to another exciting year at SSCS. Big thanks to all the staff who worked hard this summer keeping the campus looking nice and the renovation project in the elementary building. Would also like to recognize our coaches who worked with our student-athletes at various camps, activities and weight room training.
- Chamber’s Back to School Social will be held on Thursday, August 26th, social hour begins at 6:00 p.m. with the meal starting at 7:00 p.m.
Superintendent Peitzmeier reported on the following items:
-Budget work meeting will be held during the retreat on September 1st, 6:00 p.m.
-Summer projects done
-Working with ESU2 on the upgrade for the Cambium phone system software.
-Discuss with the staff the possibility of a delay to the start of school due to construction.
-NASB Area Membership Meeting on 9/29
-Staff in-service this week
-Chamber Back to School Social
-Attended Administrator Days July 28th – 30th
Updated the Board on Superintendent attendance/absences
Approval of the Consent Agenda
Vacha moved to approve the Consent Agenda as presented which includes the approval of the agenda, the July 12, 2021 Minutes, Treasurers Report (attachment 1), Financial Reports (attachment 2), the actual General Fund expenses (attachment 3) and placed them on file. Schlueter seconded and motion carried 6-yes.
Budget Hearing Date
Vacha moved to set the date of the Budget Hearing for September 13, 2021 at 7:30 p.m. Beck seconded and the motion carried 6-yes.
Property Tax Levy Hearing Date
Fischer moved to set the date of the Property Tax Levy Hearing for September 13, 2021 immediately following the Budget Hearing. Schlueter seconded and motion carried 6-yes.
Discuss, Consider, and Take Necessary Action to Set Food Service Prices for the 2021-2022 School Year
Schlueter moved that the school food service prices for the 2021-2022 school year be set as presented with the adjustment under the Secondary section adult breakfast should read $2.25 instead of $1.25 (attachment 4). Vacha seconded and motion carried 6-yes.
Discussion was held regarding free lunch and increase in adult meals.
Discuss, Consider, and Take Necessary action to Approve the Cleaning Services Contract with L.A.M.B.
Vacha moved to approve the Cleaning Services Contract with L.A.M.B. for the 2021-2022 school year as presented (attachment 5). Fischer seconded and motion carried 6-yes.
- Return to Learn Plan – The Return to Learn Plan and the Community Survey have both been posted on the school website.
- Board Retreat will be held on Wednesday, September 1st at 6:00 p.m.
There being no further business on the agenda of this meeting, President Laura Schnoor adjourned the meeting at 8:23 p.m.
The next regularly scheduled meeting of the Board of Education of District #62, Dodge County, will be Monday, September 13, 2021, at 7:30 p.m., in the Scribner–Snyder Band Room. Agenda items are kept current in the superintendent’s office and may be inspected during regular business hours.