June 2020 Minutes
Unofficial M I N U T E S
BOARD OF EDUCATION DISTRICT #62
MONDAY, JUNE 8, 2020
SCRIBNER – SNYDER BAND BUILDING
Board Members Present: Mike Fischer, Laura Schnoor, Malia Nemecek, Don Beck, Cory Schlueter, Andrea Vacha
Board Members Absent:
Others Present: Supt. Ginger Meyer, Principal Brad Stithem, Recording Secretary Sharon Meyer, Joe Peitzmeier
President Laura Schnoor called the regular meeting of School Board #62 to order on Monday, June 8, 2020 at 7:30 p.m. A call of roll showed all members present. 2 Visitors
The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Open Meetings Act:
The board meeting will be conducted in accordance with the Open Meetings Act.
Approval of the Consent Agenda:
Fischer moved to accept the Consent Agenda which includes the approval of the agenda, the May 11, 2020 Minutes, Treasurers (attachment 1) Financial (attachment 2) reports and the actual General Fund (attachment 3), expenses and placed them on file. Schlueter seconded and motion carried 6-yes.
Kim Drey thanked Supt Ginger Meyer for all that she has done for Scribner-Snyder Community Schools, the students and the staff.
Principal Stithem reported on the following items:
- Summer school services have been cleared to begin by NDE and Three Rivers Health Department. The Summer Program will begin on July 6th for elementary students and will continue through the end of the month.
- Summer weight program started on June 1st.
- Mrs. Feldman met with staff on Wednesday, June 3rd to review the material in her classroom and to take a tour of the school. Mrs. Kafonek will meet on Wednesday, June 10th.
- We have been doing our best to revamp the master schedule, a rough draft of the schedule has been completed.
Superintendent Meyer reported on the following items:
- SSEA plans on having a retirement party for Mrs. Alsmeyer when restrictions are lifted.
- Go Fund Me for Kevin Schulenberg
- Chromebooks have been ordered.
- Start of school
- Thanked the school and board for this opportunity.
Discussion was held regarding any building and rounds matters.
Fischer made a motion to approve Rachyl Kafonek’s contract for the 2020-2021 school year. Vacha seconded and motion carried 6-yes.
Nemecek made a motion to renew the membership in the Nebraska Rural Community Schools Association for the 2020-2021 school year. Schlueter seconded and motion carried 6-yes.
1st reading of policy 702.03 Budget Adoption Process.
There being no further business, Fischer moved for adjournment at 7:56 p.m., Beck seconded and motion carried 6-yes.
The next regularly scheduled meeting of the Board of Education of District #62, Dodge County, will be Monday, July 13, 2020, at 7:30 p.m., at the Scribner –Snyder Attendance Center. Agenda items are kept current in the superintendent’s office and may be inspected during regular business hours.